Given at RefreshPDX, February 17, 2016
For many technically-minded people, “branding” and other business terms are a sort of taboo subject. Something looked at with disdain, or at minimum, skepticism.
However, a strong personal brand can make a developer’s career smoother. So, I’ve tried to explain the concepts in a way that skeptical techies – like myself – can understand.
- Eloquence is more trusted than honesty
- Paraverbal indicators of lying
- Study on Mere Exposure effect
- Information Design by Robert Jacobson
- Significant Objects
- Car Crash effect
- Stories and impressions of relationships
- Novelty enhances visual perception
- Novelty and fight-or-flight
- Birds of a feather in different cultures